Crest Realty Ltd was incorporated in 1958 by then President Ed Aveling.
The company was located originally on Lonsdale and then in several locations in the Westview Shopping Mall until the last move into the new tower which is where we are today.
The company grew out of Crest Construction, a home building business owned and operated as well by Ed Aveling and Bob Evernden. By 1963 the company was building 70 homes a year. In 1973 Barry Jackson bought Bob Evernden out and had ownership of 50% of both Crest
Construction and Crest Realty. The first “Crest Home” was built in 1960 and from there went on to build over 1500 homes and condominium projects. Our team of Realtors in North Vancouver were very actively engaged in the pre-sales activities of the Crest built properties.
A Crest Built Home was the symbol for “quality construction” on the North Shore for decades and to this day there are homes with the Crest Emblem at the front door.
The warranties on a Crest built home were “for life” meaning if any product in the home failed by way of it having a defect, Crest Construction would repair or replace it no matter when the home was built.
Crest Realty was born out of a need to have their sales managed in house and from there Crest Realty rose to a position of prominence from the efforts of their highly productive sales force.
Crest Realty had the same tagline as still applies today: “Discover the best; be the best”.
In 1975, Crest Realty opened a branch office in West Vancouver and in 1980, the Vancouver Westside office opened at 16th and Macdonald where it still stands today on one of the busiest, best visibility intersections in the city for a real estate brokerage to be on. Any time we would say we were with Crest Realty it would often be followed by “oh yes, you have the corner office at 16th and Macdonald with the blue and white awning”.
All of the Crest offices were home to very productive Realtors who were seen as “a hard working” group of professionals.
That made the transition to the RE/MAX brand a natural selection for us in 1994.
At that time Crest Realty comprised of two offices: the original office in North Vancouver and the Vancouver Westside office at 16th & Macdonald.
Deborah Upton our CEO had been managing the Crest Westside operations and purchased the Crest Westside brokerage in 1994 when the company adopted the RE/MAX brand.